What other continent would be the cradle of humanity? It’s HUGE!
Emailed map from Peter Sever
Peter Sever is resting up after knee surgery, but not wasting his time. The world traveller (by motorcycle) and serial entrepreneur continues to educate himself and those around him. Peter has spent almost four years in Africa and has driven most of it. He follows its fortunes with continuing interest.
POPULATION? 1.2 billion in Africa (including the Arabic north coast). Roughly the same as China or India.
But look how much land the average African has.
AFRICA IS NOT INNATELY POOR.
Compare it to say China with about the same number of people.
– Lots of land, about 300% of China’s land area.
– Lots of coastline, harbours,. Both have vast deserts too.
– Lots of minerals
– Lots of lumber
– Lots of agricultural land
– Long growing season(s)
– Huge, largely unemployed labour pool.
– Everyone would like to help it develop economically.